Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pause in Packing Boxes

After days of rain here in New England, the sun came out today and the temperatures rose through the afternoon. I went for a walk in a favorite place after work and surprised something inside stubbornly resisting the warmth and light that seemed determined to make a bouquet of this day.

What part of the universe dared bring me flowers in this guise?

Dared try to disarm me and nudge me into new happiness and an almost easy hope?

With each lungful of air, though, I felt myself giving way. With each sudden scent arising from the grasses and the trees, I recognized the age-old path. I could trust its turns. I could trust the urging of its progress through these April minutes making up my April hours.

I would end up somewhere good.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

You were touched by Grace.
I love it when that happens.