Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fierce June Color

This first week of June is witness to the arrival of fierce color in our yard and in the beds along the side of our New England house. The full work slate of the next two weeks can be momentarily forgotten after I pull the car into the garage at the end of the day. I get to stand in the driveway then and look at the rhododendron blooms that mark the back border of the property.

Balm in Gilead.



Photo of rhododendrons from the Virtual Rhododendron Garden

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Some times I feel discouraged,
And think my work’s in vain,
But then the Holy Spirit
Revives my soul again...

The work is not in vain, friend. I hope that remains as clear as the Holy Spirit blooming fresh-pinkly on the bushes. May your wonderful, kind soul be revived in the riotous delight of colors before you.

be well

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just came across your blog after discovering you'd linked to mine. I wanted to drop by and say thank you and also to say that I'll be coming back for more. What beautiful writing. I'm finding the same pleasure in reading your posts as I have in some of my favorite writers.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Mysterium Tremendum, inside and out, yes?

John said...

Yes, the fundamental mysteries -- those things that baffle reason so that there is even an element of fear in them -- can also draw us out of ourselves, restore and revive us in ways we did not know we needed.

Good friends, thank you for stopping by with words of encouragement.